What's the Role?
We are looking for an experienced “IT Software Engineer – SAP Data Archiving” to join our global Central Technology team which is responsible in enabling integrations, content management and digital services across all business functions at Hilti. You will have the opportunity to design, implement and maintain archiving solutions for our SAP enterprise systems ranging from classical SAP archiving to SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM). This role provides a unique opportunity to work with multiple teams and be at the forefront of our drive towards data retention compliance
Who is Hilti?
| If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over more than 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 125 countries, which we are looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career. |
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
| As an experienced IT Software Engineer – SAP Data Archiving, you identify and analyze business requirements and transform these into archiving solutions based on customer needs and strategic requirements. You are responsible to perform the administration and operation of our SAP archiving solutions on our S/4HANA SAP systems. |
This role would also give you the opportunity to be part of the team implementing our new SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM) solution which would cater towards achieving enterprise-wide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance across our SAP systems.
You will be part of a team that provides the underlying technology platforms for our IT business verticals, enabling communication among the applications and business functions for Hilti.
Outside the day-to-day tasks, you will be involved in multiple cross functional projects that would require archiving expertise and support which would provide you the platform to connect with a huge audience of IT and business stakeholders.
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your role. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team. You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
What you need is
- Passion for archiving with the ability to conceptualize, build and run SAP Data Archiving solutions.
- You are detail oriented, able to work independently, team player with a can-do attitude.
- The ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or a related technical discipline to IT and/or - Business Administration, with Cumulative Grade Point Average > 3.0.
- Minimum 5 years solid experience in SAP Archiving, Administrative functions and Archiving Development Kit (ADK).
- Experience in implementation and administration of SAP ILM on S/4HANA. Experience in building ILM infrastructure from scratch is a plus.
- End to end exposure and implementation experience for archiving objects in the application areas AM, BC, CO, FI, MM, PM, PP, QM and SD.
- Solid understanding of SAP database statistics and the ability to analyze growth trends and identify main culprits of diminishing performance.
- ABAP development experience and solid understanding of SAP BASIS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well balanced, adaptive communication style; ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
- Technical/Functional knowledge of the Data Retention Tool (DaRT).
- Knowledge in SAP ArchiveLink.
- Knowledge on SAP ILM Store and SAP IQ
- Any OpenText archive server such as Documentum, xECM or Archive Center would be beneficial.
- Previous experience on job automation engine (Automic) would be a plus.
- Previous experience with working on ITSM tools (ServiceNow).
Why should you apply?
We believe in continuous improvement and innovations to remain relevant in fast growing technology field with changing business and user needs.
We put our people in the forefront, setting you up for success and career fulfillment is at the center of what we do.
With the current projects in the pipeline, you will have a lot of opportunities to showcase your skills and learn new things.
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!