What's the role?
We’re looking for a highly skilled QA Data Engineer who’ll act as a testing specialist within the wider Marketing & Sales Data and Digital Impact Measurement team, ensuring the accuracy of our large-scale data pipelines. As a QA engineer you will play a central role in in crafting and defining our testing approach at a pivotal time for our digital strategy. Being part of the data infrastructure team focusing on building scalable data services and pushing towards innovation and impact in across our organization.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries we operate with a unique direct sales model and generate around 250,000 customer interactions every day.
What does the role involve?
You will be responsible for testing and ensuring the accuracy of key data platforms, services and pipelines used across Digital Marketing & Sales initiatives.
Taking hands on part in code reviews and maintaining high quality data services that produce tangible business value.
In this light, you will review requirements, specifications, and technical design implementations to provide timely and meaningful feedback while creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for our diverse data products. You will also estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities to identify bugs by means of regression testing and monitoring. Overall, you will develop and execute automation scripts to identify, record, document thoroughly, and track results ensuring new and existing data products meet data quality expectations.
We have more than 200,000 interactions with our customers every day. It’s how we get to know their businesses, understand their needs and develop the precise products and services that will help them.
What do we offer?
To further accelerate in digital marketing, we are building our Global Digital Hub in Paris. You will experience the agile mentality combining the stability
of a sound business model and the working environment of an award-winning culture. You can make an impact from day one in an international and diverse team by shaping the future of digital at Hilti and revolutionize customer interactions. You’ll be the owner of your professional development and will have the ownership to design your career map.
- From 60k to 82k€ package
- 25 vacation days + RTT
- Health insurance fully covered
- Retirement plans
What you need is:
- Min. 2-3 years of experience as a QA Engineer (preferably in automatisation using Python )
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases (manual & test automation)
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Good understanding of API based integration i.e. REST, XML, Microservices etc.
- Ability to quickly understand domains and develop a test strategy.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and continuous delivery (including continuous deployment tools)
- A problem solver, with an eye for detail and a keen focus on data quality.
- Knowledge of structured or custom ETL/ELT management (Airflow, Luigi, etc.), including, ideally, solid understanding of the AWS cloud.
- Knowledge of “Big Data”/NoSQL platforms and services (Druid, MongoDB, Kafka)
- Fluency in English
Why should you apply?
We’re investing more than ever in our digital transformation. As a company whose lifeblood is innovation, we give our customers the next level of digital offerings on an impressive global scale! For you, it means unrivalled opportunities to work in a ‘start-up within’ environment, develop an international career and really have an impact on the shape of things to come.
During your interviews, you will meet several members of the digital team including leadership. This way you get to know more about us, and we get to know more about you.
Tempted to apply? Click “apply now” and send us your resume (English version) today!
Do you want to know more? Go to https://careers.hilti.com/en/digital-marketing
Join us and #TransformDigital