What's the role?
Starting salary of £32,000 per annum plus a bonus scheme.
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, post-graduate technical talents to take our company forward. This is a management development programme like no other, spanning multiple years and with international exposure and real responsibility from day one.
We’re seeking civil, structural or mechanical engineering graduates with commercial acumen and an interest in an international career. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s biggest construction projects whilst at the same time receiving world-class training and development to take your career to the next level. As you perform and develop, we will provide the coaching you need to step into a leadership role within Hilti, whether that’s in the UK or internationally.
Please note that an Assessment Centre for this programme will be held in February 2024.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
We are offering a multi-year programme where you’ll step out from your area of technical expertise and broaden your skillset, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you.
To make you the best leader you can be at Hilti, you need hands-on experience of how we operate, so you’ll spend the first two years learning our business from the ground up, either as a direct sales account manager or a field engineer. No two days are the same but you’ll spend most of your time visiting our customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how we can help them. You could find yourself on construction sites or in offices and warehouses. You need to happy to get your hands dirty as this is a really hands-on job.
You’ll be rolling up your sleeves to demonstrate some of the most pioneering products in the industry, along with all the services and after-care that come with the Hilti name. You’ll be nurturing relationships with warm and responsive customers and helping them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions for their needs.
At the same time, you will benefit from close mentoring from a Sales or Marketing Director and will undertake many leadership courses at our award-winning training centre in Manchester to ensure we are preparing you for the demands of a leadership role. You’ll also complete a project with the rest of your cohort along the way.
Once you land in the business after the initial two years your development accelerates – there are opportunities across engineering management, product development and technical marketing – development through Hilti may offer international relocation if that is of interest. From there, you will follow your interests to build your career across sales, marketing or engineering, with Hilti’s focus on development even paths to Director level are possible.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and are very proud to have been placed on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK by our employees for the past 10 years.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- 2023 or 2024 graduate in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Extracurricular activities (clubs and societies, start-ups, work experience in parallel with study)
- High interest and passion for innovation – you’re an early adopter of technology
- You need to be curious, energised by learning and an instigator of change – you don’t settle for the status quo
- You connect the dots and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You enjoy forming connections with others, building networks and inspiring those around you
- You’re self-motivated and driven to achieve your goals – you’re always challenging yourself to go further
- International outlook and ideally an interest in working abroad (if you speak another language that’s a bonus but English is our business language and the only pre-requisite)
- A full, clean, manual UK driving license
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you need any support with your application please contact email@example.com.
Once you're in the formal process, there will be a group assessment centre held in February 2024.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.