What's the role?
This position is responsible for providing technical service and sound engineering judgments regarding the use of Hilti Firestop products.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Provide technical sales support through telephone and email related business
- Create engineering judgments for customers to solve field problems
- Meet assigned deadlines for project assignments
- Remain current in the knowledge of building codes relative to the application of Hilti Firestop products
- Understand and apply approvals and listings for Hilti products correctly in verbal and written
- communication with customers
- Provide engineering support through the composition of letters regarding the application of Hilti products for external customers
- Provide Fire Protection Specialists with corporate support and relevant product information
- Support Chemicals Business Unit with introduction of new products/innovations (technical review of documents)
- Present training materials to internal and external customers
- Assure internal and external customers receive quality answers to technical inquiries regarding the use and/or application of Hilti Firestop products
- Research existing fire data to create engineering judgments/recommendations for field applications that are not tested
- Complete smaller projects (e.g. presentations, web development, small testing projects, etc.) in order to help support the activities of Hilti Fire Protection Specialists and sales personnel
- Protect Hilti from liability exposure through utilization of sound engineering practices
We have more than 200,000 interactions with our customers every day. It’s how we get to know their businesses, understand their needs and develop the precise products and services that will help them.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, engineers, and architects through verbal and written response
- Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and electronic files
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems
- Ability to function effectively on teams
- Ability to verbally present technical information to small and large groups
- Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- After completion of assignment, next position may require relocation
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.