What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talent to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
- 12 months as an account manager or field engineer in the country where you apply.
- 3 months on an operational project in national headquarters. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project in the regional headquarters (Singapore)
- 3 months on a strategic project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
80% of our management positions are filled with internal candidates. It’s testament to how much we value, develop and look after our people.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
What you need is:
- You’re currently studying a master’s degree or PhD or you've recently graduated. Your Masters degree is likely to be in business management or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can demonstrate you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, and up to two years, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – fluent in English plus another language or two – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed.
- You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills.
- You’re a global thinker, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
- Indonesian Citizenship / Permanent Residence
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
By submitting your resume, you confirm and agree that Hilti Far East Pte Ltd and its related companies worldwide (collectively, “Hilti Group”) may collect, use and disclose your data for their recruitment purposes. This may include selecting, evaluating and recruiting candidates for roles or positions that differ from the above job description, but for which we believe that you may be interested in or appropriate for.
We look forward to receiving your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.