What's the role?
Salary £37,500 per year + Bonus.
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s biggest construction projects whilst at the same time receiving world-class training and development to take your career to the next level.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
- 12 months as an Account Manager or field engineer in Great Britain.
- 3 months on an operational project in Northern Europe office: either Sweden/Denmark/Finland or Ireland. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
- 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioural profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
*Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
*Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
6% employer pension contributions
Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
Paid leave to work on charitable projects
Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2023, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management, finance or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and at least one other language – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re curious and committed, a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Who should apply?
With the Hilti Outperformer program, you will have an accelerated career towards a commercial leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Click through the ‘Apply Now’ button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a few short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you’ll be invited to complete a short video interview.
Once you’re in the formal process – you will be asked to complete a number of short online assessments and then a telephone interview with our Regional Talent Acquisition Manager. From there you will attend a first interview with a member of the GB leadership team, a day-in-the-life virtual ‘field ride’ to give you a real feel for the job and finally the assessment centre (date TBC). We’ll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If you need any support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31st January 2023. We will continuously review incoming applications.
Interviews: January/February 2023
Assessment Centre: Date TBC - will be either February 2023, or March 2023
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer-commercial