What's the role?
As a BIM Engineer - Oglaend you will:
• Provide application design, detail design, design optimization studies and conversion of applications to Oglaend System products on assigned projects
• Support sales and business development teams with Product and Application knowledge of Oglaend System
• Drive technical customer engagement through value/customer oriented problem solving support
• Develop Oglaend technical application competence within sales and business development teams
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
- Provide support with technical knowledge of applications and Oglaend product knowledge during acquisition stage of opportunities
- Based on the customer requirements create the design guideline for engineering teams
- In collaboration with sales, business development and project management actively join engineering meetings with all parties involved to coordinate an optimal Oglaend Solution
- Engineering of complete applications as lead engineer based on P4D matrix, Oglaend Engineering manual and available test data in all high medium risk solutions
- Perform value Engineering and ensure adherence to relevant Oglaend and Hilti standards in engineering
- Serve as Hilti’s technical conscience on all projects where you are involved
- For highly complex cases beyond current competence proactively involve Oglaend Application Experts
- Establish excellent working relationships with functional counterparts in regions
- Derive bill of materials from design work and provide it to other Hilti and Oglaend departments (e.g. supply chain)
- Write engineering reports (calculation notes) for designed applications
- Collaborate on project execution with different Hilti departments such as sales, global logistics or finance within own market organization or across countries.
We welcomed 1000 additional team members last year and have more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Different ways to work flexibly, including working from home and compressed hours
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- Advanced degree in structural/civil engineering, minimum 2 years of experience in engineering role
- Good understanding of structural model building
- Know-how in AutoCAD
- Know-how in usage of structural engineering software (R-Stab, SAP2000, ….) is a plus
- Know-how about plant design software (SmartPlant 3D or PDMS) or BIM is a plus
- Fluent in English (B2 level minimum), all other languages are a plus
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Please DO NOT apply for multiple roles - the team will assign you where your skills are the best fit.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you meet the requirements of the role you'll be invited to complete a fun online assessment and a short pre-recorded video interview - please look out for this in your junk mail as it can end up there!
If you need any support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you're in the formal process, there are three stages – a first interview with a Regional Manager, a day-in-the-life 'field ride' to give you a real feel for the job and a final interview with a Sales Director. We'll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Hilti is where your best belongs. We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions of all our team members regardless of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or family status.