What's the Role?
Are you passionate about harnessing power of cutting-edge technology to revolutionize industrial processes? Do you have a strong background in software development and a deep understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT)? We are seeking a detail-oriented and dedicated Industrial IoT Software QA Engineer who is passionate about ensuring quality and reliability of software in the context of industrial automation and smart factory at Hilti to join our dynamic team.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 125 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
We are at the forefront of transforming manufacturing at Hilti through Industrial IOT solutions. Our mission is to empower our business with smart, connected systems that optimize productivity, enhance safety, and minimize downtime. As an Industrial IOT Software QA Engineer, you will play a vital role in guaranteeing the excellence of our Industrial IoT software solutions. Your expertise in quality assurance methodologies and your understanding of industrial protocols will enable you to meticulously validate software functionality, security, and performance.
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
What you need is:
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, product owners, and stakeholders to understand project requirements and technical specifications
- Develop, maintain, and execute comprehensive test plans, test cases, and automated test frameworks to the intricacies of Industrial IoT software applications
- Perform functional, integration, regression, and performance testing to ensure software reliability in various industrial scenarios.
- Leverage your understanding of Industrial IoT protocols (MQTT, CoAP, OPC-UA) to simulate real-world conditions during testing.
- Investigate and diagnose software defects and anomalies, working closely with developers to ensure timely resolutions.
- Monitor and analyze test results, providing insights and recommendations for improving software quality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of quality assurance processes and methodologies tailored to the Industrial IoT domain.
- Contribute to discussions on software design and architecture to enhance quality from a testing perspective.
- Act as a release manager.
Why should you apply?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- > 4 years proven experience in software development, with proficiency in languages such as C# or Java.
- Strong understanding of Industrial IoT protocols (MQTT, CoAP, OPC-UA) and cloud platforms (Azure IoT).
- Experience in designing and implementing automated test frameworks and test scripts.
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols and industrial automation systems.
- Solid grasp of software testing methodologies and quality assurance processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now'button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions–the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!