What's the role?
We are looking for a Front-End Developer (Angular / CSS/ HTML) with experience in building high performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. The developer roles and responsibilities include managing Angular application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Familiarity with testing framework like Jest would be good to have.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are following specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Operate effectively in a large / complex, global / multi-cultural software development organization under agile Scrum framework
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – you will get global exposure, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with minimum 3 years of experience
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Angular 2.x (version 8 onwards)
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in .NET/NodeJS
- Experience using SQL and NO SQL Database
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based platforms and paradigms
- Up to 20% international travel
(Nice to haves)
- Familiarity with container concepts specifically Kubernetes
- Experience building web applications in TypeScript a plus) using Angular
- Experience with test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc.)
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker good to have)
- Experience with AWS Services like EKS, SQS, SNS, etc.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
We love to hear from you!