What's the role?
The role of Hilti North America (HNA) Account Manager is the direct link between Hilti and the customer. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and growing the customer base for HNA. Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
The purpose of the role is to create value in the allocated account's portfolio through effective design and implementation of individual account strategies to build long term, sustainable and profitable relationships with the customer. The role involves professional field sales and high level customer consultation in the defined territory within the target industry. The job holder needs to provide efficient solutions and technical support to customers and represent the Hilti brand in the market place.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Previous outside sales experience with proven track record of success of growing sales to a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position and market share within assigned territory
• Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
• Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers
• Previous experience assisting credit department collect on past due outstanding accounts receivables preferred
• Demonstrated aptitude of cold-calling skills at customer offices and jobsites required
• Clear career progression with no more than 2 companies in the last 5 years
• Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts
• Excellent time and territory management skills
• Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player
• Must be able to build prospects and business relationships
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and smartphones
• Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times
• Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
• Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
• Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes • A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
• Account Manager has responsibility for prudent care and protection of company assets
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability